Fall is the most glorious time in Indiana...unless it is spring or winter or the 80 degrees of Indian summer which we are enjoying this weekend. As we pack for the trip, we savor the red leaves of the maple tree just outside our door. The woodlots are turning gold and crimson; the soybeans stand at attention like little cinnamon soldiers. We know our lunches and dinners on the deck these last few days are, for us, the end of the season. Sigh...
After reading "The Art of Travel", I am not surprised by my conflicting feelings: excitement of the unknown vs distance from the familiar; the challenge of new territory vs the comforts of home. But we are off on a great adventure: Elderhostel's Mighty Rhine cruise, including romantic castles, the soaring Cologne Cathedral, Roman ruins, the Moselle Valley, and a few precious days in Amsterdam.
We can't be sure how often we will have internet access; not on the riverboat. But when Bill is willing to pack Bev's computer on day trips and we have a moment to find wireless access, our blog and pictures will be there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad you've decided to do this! I look forward to a bit of vicarious travel. :)
OK!!! It is now the evening of Friday, Oct 17! Bea, Happy Birthday! Still waiting for GO!!! (forget ready and set!!!)
Hope you are having a great time!
I am so envious! It's difficult to walk in history in Muncie, IN . . .
Post a Comment